Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Book Review

Hadassah: One Night With the King by Tommy Tenney
This book is historical fiction based on the book of Esther from the Bible. Esther happens to be one of my favorite characters in the Bible because of her strength and devotion to God.

This book allows you to accompany Hadassah, the main character, through the year as she prepares for that one special night with the king. You begin to understand that preparation for that night is quite involved and requires many rituals that I would never have considered. From infusing their bodies with fragrances to selecting just the right jewelry, it is a year of learning and developing that the prospective queens have to endure. One girl from many will be chosen to be queen...will it be Hadassah or someone else?

I enjoyed this book and passed it on to my daughter to read. CL, my daughter who is in 10th grade also enjoyed this book. I would recommend this book for high school students and older. This book has been made into a major motion picture which I also enjoyed, but to me, the book is much better.

No comments: